THE LISTING INTERVIEW
When listing your property, here are some questions you should be asking your REALTOR®:
· How long have you been selling real estate?
· How many homes did you sell last year?
· Are you a full-time salesperson?
· Is it the right time to sell?
· Do you work solo or as part of a team?
· How do you price a home?
· For the homes you listed in the past year, what was the average number of days they spent on the market?
· For the just mentioned list of homes, what was the average difference between the listing price and the selling price?
· How do you market the homes you list?
· Do you do any social media marketing?
· How do you use the Internet?
· Do you offer virtual tours of listed homes?
· What websites will you use to advertise the home?
· Do you have a website?
· Do you have a feedback system for potential buyers and their REALTORS®?
· Before you list a house, do you give clients ideas on how to make their home more marketable?
· When you’ve listed a home, how do you report back to your sellers regarding activity on the property?
· Do you have access to other professionals that clients need during the selling process?
· How do you handle negotiations?
· Do you attend inspections and appraisals after an offer is in place?
· How much do you charge?
· Will I have to pay any hidden costs?
· How accessible are you?
· How does it benefit a client if he uses you to sell?
· Why should someone list with you over other REALTORS® in the area?
· How much professional training do you get every year?
· If a client is unhappy with your service, can he terminate your contract and the listing?
· Do you have a list of references for potential clients?
· What are your thoughts on the real estate market today?
· What else should a client ask you that he hasn’t already asked?